Colossians 3:23 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men...."
Due January 13th
Challenge A Guide Spring Week 1
Math - Lessons 69-72, Inv 7, Test 13
Latin - Read pages 64 & 65, Complete the exercises on pages 70-71. Review all the grammar rules and vocabulary from 1st semester.
The Lost Tools of Writing - We began our ANI chart together in class. Your student needs to finish at home going through Circumstances, Relations & Authority from the 5 Common Topics to get 30 points under the Affirmative column and 30 under the Negative column.
Here is a summary of all the lessons we have covered so far.
1. Ask a question.
2. Make it an issue.
3. Begin your ANI chart.
4. Go through the 5 common topics to add to your ANI chart. pg11
5. Use the comparison worksheet to add to your ANI chart. pg67
6. Consider the circumstances. Watch the video for Ls 7 Invention. Add to ANI chart.
6. You need 30 reasons for affirmative & negative this week.
1. Sort the Affirmative and Negative columns
2. Categorize Affirmative and Negative Reasons
3. Choose your point of view on the issue
4. Choose best 3 proofs and supporting points
5. Outline paper (pg 30 & 31)
6. Add Exordium. (pg 29)
7. Include an Amplification (Lesson 4 Arrangement Video)
1. Write your essay, skipping lines.
2. Add parrallelism.
3. Edit all verbs, eliminating passive verbs, vague verbs & chilches.
4. Edit your subjects, making sure they are not passive, hidden or missing.
Science - Research bats. Take notes, outline and write about them. Can be 1-3 paragraphs. Don't forget to sketch a picture of what you studied. Also, please put your notes, outline and rough draft in a page protector and bring to class. Bonus points for adding an exordium. :)
Geography - We divided Asia into sections to learn each week. Have your student start section 1 this week as well as take the Geo Bee quizzes.
Rhetoric - Read chapter 16 in both books. Take good notes so we can discuss them. Learn catachisms 1-48.